Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brew of the Gods

I love espresso coffee. Somehow I came across Martha Stewart's favorite. Keep in mind that Martha Stewart is not my guide to anything. I'm stilled pissed at her for her petty greed. Nevertheless I bought Antica Tostatura Trieste. Yes imported from Italy and soooo good.
This coffee is so rich tasting, yet so mild in acidity.
Somehow in the middle of the night, I got a vision of my turkish coffee pot. I could not remember the name for it. Next morning I searched and instantly recognized my ibrik. Turkish coffee should be made in the ibrik because it is specially shaped not to completely foam over and to hold the flavor inside. It is made of copper. I use it every so often, because you have to get super fine ground (powdered) rich coffee to make it correctly. When you are done, you have a few ounces of blow your mind coffee on top of MUD! Drink carefully, the grounds are not delicious.
And so in my search for the name I can across the Turkish coffee grinder a kahve degirmeni. After searching, I bought a popular Turkish brand of mill for $20.00
It is important to have fresh powdered grind and this is what these mills make.
I await its arrival and my new coffee treats. The brew of the Gods

No comments:

Post a Comment